Saturday, July 09, 2005

Dennis the Menace Update

Sorry if I worried anyone- I got a couple of phone calls once I got back into cell reception areas. We're fine, we drove for 24 hours straight and just got to New Mexico (no, the storm's not that big- we had been wanting to come out here anyway). Dennis lost some steam blasting it's way through Cuba and was reduced to a level 2, but it might gain again as it crosses the water. No chance of it hitting us here.

Leaving Pensacola was nuts- the few gas stations that still had gas had lines of cars up to a half mile long. Some friends waited an hour to fill up. People were boarding up their houses and hitting the road, or boarding up and staying. Thanks for all the well wishes.

More later, must sleep.

2 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you guys are out of Dennis' way. Happy exploring the Carlsbad caverns!

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I didn't know you had finally embarked on your adventure, Fantastic!!! And you've got a funky little dairy set up too, just like you. I will be looking forward to following your escapades, how long you on the road for? And where did you find this diary thing - I want one I can post photo's of myself in different places around the office

 

Post a Comment

<< Home