Friday, July 08, 2005

Storm's a-comin'!

I've been in lovely Northern Florida for the last couple of weeks, and it looks like I won't be heading back to Hawai'i anytime soon. Hurricane Dennis is on his way and NoFlo is being evacuated, so I'll be missing my flight on Monday. The towns here are still recovering from last year's storms with tarp-covered roofs and patched bridges. I'm accustomed to earthquakes, but this is totally different. An earthquake has no warning and only lasts a few seconds. Currently we're packing up at least a week's worth of clothes, computers, and non-waterproof valuables. I'm putting some peanut butter and jelly in the truck, and we're hitting the road. Apparently the lines at the gas stations are an hour long, and some have run out of gas completely. We're going to get in the truck and see where we end up, maybe as far as Texas or New Mexico.

I'll keep you posted as I can, and I'll be taking pictures.

Dennis the Menace

I'm up in the Pensacola area, about dead center in the projected path.

4 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger xine said...

ho ho ho! you're in the continental USA, and you WILL come to Columbus. Do you understand? Its the best place in the world to evacuate to!

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Malama pono, take care Iomi! If you make it back to Honolulu end of the month, I'll treat you to a nite on the town. You rock gyul--not even Barbara Walters has interviewed a tropical storm before!

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello? COME TO ATLANTA!!! international airport!! sofabed to crash on!! ME!!

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger xine said...

Columbus was voted the #1 city to evacuate to in case of a natural disaster by the famous unicornhat website

 

Post a Comment

<< Home